Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

60s Fashion







One of the most iconic things of the 60s is the fashion. When the decade opened the models were of a more normal size and slightly older, and the fashions were considerably tamer. But baby, by the time the decade ended the models were pin thin, mere babes, thanks to Twiggy, and the fashions were strictly for the teenage market. If you were like me, you wanted to force feed Twiggy an entire cake and watch her blow up to the size of small blimp. She single handily changed the world of modeling, and in effect, the world of young women forever. Personally I hated her because I could never achieve that level of thinness no matter what I did. A diet of water and air insured I would always be larger than Twiggy. Damn my German genes!

No comments:

Post a Comment