Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Valley Of The Dolls







One of the best of the worst movies of the 60s was Valley of the Dolls. I have my own copy so I can tell you it's a real stinker. Why own a copy? It's campy. The music was horrible and the acting was stiff and stilted. I could do a better job and I have the worse case of stage fright you ever saw. These gals must have too. They were simply awful in this movie. And this movie had some big names in it. The headliners were Barbara Parkins, Patty Duke, and Sharon Tate. The supporting cast including Susan Hayward, Paul Burke, and Lee Grant. In 1967 this film was released to laughter and gaffaws from the audiences. It was suppose to be a drama not a comedy. However it has become a cult classic due to the fashions and the tragic death soon afterwards of a nine-months pregnant Sharon Tate at the hands of Charles Manson's "Family". I like the look of the film. It's like a time capsule of the 60s and worth a look-see for that reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment